Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Music for your life

Have you ever noticed that there is a song for every feeling you've ever experienced. If you look in the right places, you can find a sad song for every breakup...or a happy one that expresses that elated feeling just right. Right now, I'm listening to Gwen Stefani's latest CD, which i got for my birthday. I don't know if im happy or sad at the moment...i guess im more bored than anything and maybe a little disappointed that my birthday is boring and uneventful this year. I dont know why this CD makes me feel good at the moment but it's a good mix of emotion. Someone told me that when you have a baby, suddenly you don't exist and everything is about him. I'm finding that this is true. It's pretty evident when suddenly you realize that your conversations with his grandparents are punctuated by coos and baby talk to the baby in their lap. I'll be talking and I'll realize that they are in fact talking to Wyatt and not listening to anything I say. Now, everyone tells me that this is something you enjoy as a parent, but I don't think you enjoy it as much as get used to it. I mean having a baby changes everything. It's hard to get used to, but you inevitably have to. You know, I always have said that no matter how long you wait, you will never feel completely ready to have a child. Well, I still dont feel ready and my son is 8 months old.

No comments: